Happy Birthday Lou Costello! To celebrate the 100th anniversary of Lou’s birthday, the entire first season of the Abbott and Costello Show TV series has been released, all 26 episodes on 5 DVDs, with several nice bonuses honoring Lou Costello.
Product Description of The Abbott & Costello Show: 100th Anniversary Collection Season 1
Who’s on first? You’ll be on Cloud 9 with this rare and riotous collection honoring the 100th birthday of Lou Costello and featuring the landmark Abbott & Costello Show that Jerry Seinfeld calls the inspiration for his own hit series!
This remarkable 5-disc collection contains all 26 episodes of the first season (1952-1953), complete and unedited, digitally remastered and looking better than ever. In addition to Bud and Lou, there’s the unforgettable supporting cast: Sid Fields, Hillary Brooke, Joe “Stinky” Besser and Gordon “Mike the Cop” Jones.
PLUS: Never-before-seen home movies of Lou Costello and his family from the 1940s and ‘50s – many in full color with sound! (Even Bud manages to make a few “guest appearances.”) And, for the first time anywhere, the recently restored short 10,000 Kids and a Cop made in 1948, featuring Bud and Lou, as well as Jimmy Stewart and William Bendix. To round things out, Lou’s daughters, Paddy and Chris, share warm and wonderful anecdotes about their father in exclusive interviews. A treasure for Abbott & Costello fans everywhere!
BONUS FEATURES on The Abbott & Costello Show: 100th Anniversary Collection Season 1
- 10,000 Kids & A Cop (1948 Short)
- Interview With Lou Costello’s Daughters (Part One)
- Lou Costello’s Home Movies (Part One)
DISC ONE of The Abbott & Costello Show: 100th Anniversary Collection Season 1
- The Drug store – Bud & Lou get jobs in Mr. Fields’ drugstore.
- The Dentist Office – Bud takes Lou to a nearsighted dentist.
- Jail – Lou is arrested for shooting a hole in his neighbor’s bucket.
- The Vacation – Bud worries that Mr. Fields will rent their apartment while they’re on vacation.
- The Birthday Party – Lou invites Mr. Fields to his birthday party, but Bud winds up kicking Lou out of his own party.
- Alaska – Lou’s uncle strikes gold and the boys decide to visit him.
DISC TWO of The Abbott & Costello Show: 100th Anniversary Collection Season 1
- The Vacuum Cleaner Salesman – Lou tries selling vacuum cleaners door-to-door.
- The Army Story – The boys join the reserves.
- Pots & Pans – Lou tries selling pots and pans door-to-door.
- The Charity Bazaar – Lou spends most of his money at the kissing booth.
- The Western Story – Hillary invites the boys to her uncle’s dude ranch, where they tangle with outlaws.
- The Haunted House – Bud & Lou keep Hillary company one night in an old house she’ll inherit.
DISC THREE of The Abbott & Costello Show: 100th Anniversary Collection Season 1
- Peace & Quiet – Lou can’t sleep so Bud takes him to a shrink who gives him a sleep-inducing record.
- Hungry – The boys visit two restaurants, one with twin waitresses.
- The Music Lovers – Hillary’s dad will only allow her to marry a man with musical talent, so Lou goes to a singing teacher.
- The Politician – Lou runs for public office, so Bud brings in Lou’s 4th grade teacher for sympathy.
- The Wrestling Match – Lou & Stinky agree to do a charity wrestling match, but Stinky gets sick, so Lou is forced to wrestle Ivan the Terrible.
- Getting a Job – The boys deliver straw hats to the Susquehanna Hat Company and run into crazy guys en route.
DISC FOUR of The Abbott & Costello Show: 100th Anniversary Collection Season 1
- Bingo – Lou has to get a license for his chimp but accidentally applies for a marriage license.
- Hillary’s Birthday – The boys plan a surprise party, but the noise angers Mr. Fields.
- Television – On the quiz show Hold That Cuckoo, the host puts Lou thru some embarrassing stunts.
- Las Vegas – The boys rent a car and drive to Vegas, where they play a violent game of pool.
- Little Old Lady – But & Lou raise money to keep an old lady from being evicted, but she uses the money to bet on horses.
- The Actors’ Home – Thinking it’s counterfeit, Bud tears up a $500 bill. When it turns out to be real, he goes nuts and is put in the old actors’ home.
DISC FIVE of The Abbott & Costello Show: 100th Anniversary Collection Season 1
- Police Rookies – Mike the Cop helps the boys enroll in the police academy, which Lou manages to blow up.
- Safari – Bingo the chimp is sick and Lou figures he misses his family, so they all go to Africa.
Total Running Time: Approx. 14 hrs.