Product Description of The Abbott & Costello Show – 100th Anniversary Collection Season 2
Is Who still on first if it’s the second season? You’ll find out with this rare and riotous collection honoring the 100th birthday of Lou Costello and featuring the landmark Abbott & Costello Show that Jerry Seinfeld calls the inspiration for his own hit series!
This remarkable 5-disc collection contains all 26 episodes of the second – and final – season (1953-1954), complete and unedited, digitally remastered, looking and sounding better than ever.
PLUS: Never-before-seen home movies of Lou Costello and his family from the 1940s and ‘50s – many in full color with sound! (Even Bud manages to make a few “guest appearances.”) To round things out, Lou’s daughters, Paddy and Chris, share warm and wonderful anecdotes about their father in exclusive interviews. A treasure for Abbott & Costello fans everywhere!
DISC ONE of The Abbott & Costello Show – 100th Anniversary Collection Season 2
- The Paperhangers – Mr. Fields forces the boys to hang wallpaper to help pay off their rent.
- Uncle Bozzo’s Visit – Lou’s uncle, an Italian opera singer, visits, and his singing annoys Mr. Fields.
- In Society – Bud & Lou are hired to pose as British noblemen at a swanky party.
- Life Insurance – Mr. Fields demands the boys take out life-insurance policies that name him as beneficiary, but neither can pass the physical.
- Pest Exterminators – The boys exterminate the ants at a rich lady’s house, but she thinks they have killed her aunts.
- Killer’s Wife – A jealous boxer and his sexy wife rent a nearby apartment and Lou is suspected of carrying on with said sexy wife.
DISC TWO of The Abbott & Costello Show – 100th Anniversary Collection Season 2
- Cheapskates – The boys accidentally buy a crate of roller skates – which contain ill-gotten gems.
- South of Dixie – Lou overhears a man and girl rehearsing a Civil War play and thinks the danger is real. Inspired by Buster Keaton’s The General.
- From Bed to Worse – The boys try to win a prize for having the best backyard garden and wind up angering their neighbor.
- $1000 TV Prize – Lou answers Mr. Fields’ phone and inadvertently wins a thousand-dollar prize.
- Amnesia – When Lou prepares to marry a girl he’s only corresponded with, Bud convinces him he has amnesia and has already married a shrew.
- Efficiency Experts – The boys are hired to help control a man’s daughters, who spend too much money. But they end up losing their money in a casino.
DISC THREE of The Abbott & Costello Show – 100th Anniversary Collection Season 2
- Car Trouble – Lou wins a car in a contest, but it’s a lemon, so they drive to Flint for another.
- Wife Wanted – Lou tries to marry his old girlfriend so he can inherit $10,000 but she’s now dating a jealous wrestler.
- Uncle From New Jersey – To avoid eviction, the boys convince Fields that Lou has a millionaire uncle. Lou winds up masquerading as his own uncle.
- Private Eye – Lou takes a correspondence course to become a detective, and then tries to help a girl recover some old bonds.
- The Tax Return – The IRS accidentally sends Lou a check for a million dollars. He cashes it and is followed by thugs.
- Public Enemies – When Lou is mistaken for a fellow safecracker, the boys get involved with crooks planning a robbery.
DISC FOUR of The Abbott & Costello Show – 100th Anniversary Collection Season 2
- Bank Holdup – The boys are hired as bank guards by two robbers masquerading as Brinks guys.
- Well Oiled – Lou poses as a millionaire to help Mr. Fields get out of a breach-of-promise suit.
- The Pigeon – Lou is set up by his sexy neighbor to take the fall for her infidelity, so that Lou is the one who gets killed by her jealous mobster boyfriend.
- Honeymoon House – Lou, Bud, and Mr. Fields try to build a pre-fab house for Lou’s fiancée. Inspired by Buster Keaton’s One Week.
- Fencing Master – Bud volunteers Lou for a science experiment that makes him immune to pain.
- Beauty Contest Story – The boys judge the Miss Mud Turtle pageant, in which Mr. Fields’ niece is a contestant.
DISC FIVE of The Abbott & Costello Show – 100th Anniversary Collection Season 2
- Fall Guy – Two men hire Bud and Lou to take their girls out in order to circumvent their father, who doesn’t like these guys.
- Barber Lou – Bud enlists Lou to give him a massage.
- Interview With Lou Costello’s Daughters (Part Two)
- Lou Costello’s Home Movies (Part Two)
- The Actor’s Home (contains Who’s On First)
Total Running Time: Approx. 800 mins.