Life Insurance – The Abbott and Costello Show season 2 (1953)
Since Bud and Lou are five months behind on their rent, their landlord Sid Fields demands the boys take out life insurance policies that name him as beneficiary. Wary of their motives, Lou is too nervous to pass the physical, so Bud takes him on a hunting trip to relax. And Lou fears that his pal Bud wants to kill him to collect the insurance money!
Comedy highlights in Life Insuranceinclude:
- Lou making coffee
- At the doctor’s office, Lou has his blood pressure taken – prop comedy
- Lou thinks that Bud’s poisoning his coffee (with a vitamin)
- The axe slips out of Bud’s hands on the hunting trip – and Lou thinks it’s attempted murder!
- Lou trying to chop down a petrified tree for firewood
- The tent collapses while they’re on the hunting trip
- Hunters shoot at a black bear – and mistake Lou for the bear!
- Lou hides in the bear’s cave – and comes out wearing the bear’s fur!
Funny quotes from Life Insurance – The Abbott and Costello Show
Nurse: I’m sure you have plenty of nice, red blood.
Lou Costello: And I intend to keep it!
Bud Abbott: [Lou thinks his coffee is poisoned] You only live once!